Thawan Suprom joined SCL Law Group in 2011 and is a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group. His previous professional experience includes three years as an in-house counsel with GMAC (Thailand) Limited, and two years with Bangkok Industrial Gas Company Limited, on top of successful episodes as a legal officer with Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited and Capital Nomura Securities Public Company Limited. He undertook his legal training with Johnson Stokes & Master (Mayer Brown JSM (Thailand) Limited, the Bangkok office of global law firm Mayer Brown LLP), in 1998.
- 2005: LLM, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2000: Barrister-at-Law, Institute of Legal Education, Thai Bar Association
- 1999: LLB (Honours), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Thawan Suprom specialises in litigation and arbitration, handling complex and substantial disputes and seeking the effective and efficient resolution thereof. With more than 13 years experience, he handles a multitude of corporate & commercial claims such as those arising out of share and asset sale and purchase agreements, joint ventures, banking and finance; as well as claims particularly related to leasing and financial services. During his three year tenure as in-house counsel for a major financial services company, focussing on automobile financing services, he gained vast experience and expertise in handling all legal aspects in this business area, including compliance with regulatory requirements, property investigations and enforcement proceedings. He is equally vastly experienced in debt restructuring processes
- Volunteered as defence lawyer in criminal lawsuits in Bangkok and its suburbs.
- Counsellor for juveniles in criminal lawsuits, the Central Juvenile and Family Court, Bangkok.
- A participant in a project to provide legal knowledge to rural communities under the supervision of the Legal Aid Centre, Chulalongkorn University:
– 1999: Ayutthaya Province
– 1998: Kanchanaburi Province
– 1997: Prachinburi Province
– 1996: Lopburi Province
- Thai Bar Association
- Lawyers Council of Thailand