Nilobon Tangprasit is one of the founding partners of SCL Law Group (formerly known as Chavalit Law Group). Prior to the group’s establishment, she was a partner and member of the Corporate & Commercial Practice Group of International Legal Counsellors Thailand Ltd. (ILCT) (Russin & Vecchi). Her previous professional experience includes a three year period as an in-house lawyer with B. Grimm & Co., on top of successful stints with Siam Yamaha Co., Ltd. and Coopers & Lybrand Associates Ltd.
- 1998: LLM, Temple University, School of Law, Philadelphia, USA
- 1997: Certificate, Attorney Assistance Training Program (Litigation/Corporation) UCLA Extension, School of Law, Los Angeles, USA
- 1983: Barrister-at-Law, Institute of Legal Education, Thai Bar Association
- 1981: LLB (Honours), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Nilobon Tangprasit is a well-renowned corporate attorney within the Thai legal industry and has headed the Corporate Practice Group of SCL Group since its inception. In a career that has spanned more than 30 years, she has gained extensive expertise in advising and assisting international and Thai corporations, both in the private and public sectors, in the areas of business organisation and structure, foreign business law, investment law, joint ventures, dissolution and liquidation, corporate recovery, M&A, taxes, exchange control laws, share sales and purchases, public offerings and listing and delisting from the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). In addition, Nilobon Tangprasit also has vast litigation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) experience involving general commercial and corporate matters.
- 2013: Summer Legal Training (Business Law), Legal Clinic, Development and Legal Research Centre, Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2011: Summer Legal Training (Business Law), Legal Clinic, Development and Legal Research Centre, Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2004-2006: Legal Training Programme, Legal Clinic, Development and Legal Research Centre, Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2001-2004: MBA Programme, Faculty of Business Administration, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand; and the National Defence Studies Institute, Thailand (joint arrangement)
- 1999: MBA Programme, Faculty of Business Administration, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Thai Bar Association
- Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK)
- Institute of Legal Education (Ordinary member)