Chanakarn Boonyasith first joined SCL Law Group’s Corporate & Commercial Practice Group in 2009, leaving for England a year later to undertake an LLM at University College London (UCL). She immediately rejoined SCL Law Group after graduation. She began her legal training in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, litigation, banking & finance and securities law with the then-Bangkok office of global law firm White & Case (now Weerawong C&P Ltd).
Chanakarn became a partner on 1 May 2019.
- 2018 : Labour and Human Resources Law Programme (LHR Programme), Ramkhamhaeng University
- 2015: Certificate from the Central Intellectual Property and International Trade Court, for completing the course on Laws and International Practices: International Trade, Merchant Marine, International Commercial Arbitration
- 2015: Notarial Services Attorney Licence
- 2012: Certificate from the Central Taxation Court of Thailand, for completing the course on promotion and development of taxation expertise 2012
- 2011: LLM in International Business Law (Merit) with LLM Bentham Scholarship, University College London (UCL), England, UK
- 2010: Attorney-at-Law Licence
- 2009: Certificate, Litigation Course Programme, Lawyers Council of Thailand
- 2009: LLB (First Class Honours), Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Chanakarn Boonyasith is an associate lawyer of excellent academic standing who specialises in corporate & commercial law, labour & employment law, and commercial contracts. Highly efficient and committed to her practice, she advises multinational clients on matters of private and public transactions from a wide range of industries, such as insurance, resorts and hotels, transportation, department stores, warehouses, airlines, universities and the renewable energy sector. Well prepared to implement client’s needs, particularly regarding commercial contracts and labour law matters with a focus on current situations such as natural disasters, she supports domestic and international clients with timely and up-to-date advice. Chanakarn Boonyasith is also a qualified notarial services lawyer.
Furthermore, she has been a guest speaker on Thai employment law in various domestic and international events and a part-time lecturer for a few universities in Thailand. Chanakarn is also a regular contributor to a number of domestic and international law journals.
Chanakarn has been a guest speaker on Thai employment law for several events including:
- Speaker at the Labor Law, Employment Contract Drafting & Employee Taxation Masterclass, in Thailand, on 29 May 2019.
- Lead speaker on Thailand HR Employment Law Masterclas, in Singapore, on 8 May 2019.
- Lead speaker on APAC HR Employment Law Congress 2019, in Singapore, on 6&7 May 2019.
- Lead speaker on Thailand HR Employment Law Masterclass 2018, in Singapore, on 12 September 2018.
- Speaker at the Asia Pacific Employee Relations Group Web-seminar, on 16 August 2018.
- Lead speaker at the Asia HR Employment Law Forum, in Singapore, on 9 & 10 May 2018.
- Speaker at the Thailand’s Employment Law, Regulation and Precedent Case 2018, in Bangkok, on 27 & 28 March 2018.
- a speaker on Detailed Analysis of Thai Employment Law for a labour & tax seminar organized by SCL Tax Consultants Limited;
- a speaker on Thai labor law (re: Personal Privacy Rights and Workplace Obligations) at the ‘27th LAWASIA Conference’ held in Bangkok in October 2014, Thailand
- a part-time lecturer for the ‘Labour Law and Social Security’ course, English programme, for M.A. Labour Economics & Human Resource Management, Chulalongkorn University.
In addition, Chanakarn is also a regular contributor to a number of domestic and international law journals, which include:
- Business Investment Guide, Thailand, Siam City Law Offices Limited, Sweet & Maxwell;
- “Global Employment Law Newsletter”, Thailand Section, for Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP;
- A Japanese legal magazine, for TMI Associates law firm;
Contributor to Legal Articles published in Japanese Newsletter (Nikkan Thai Business), Frontline of Thai Business Laws, Vol.1-4, on Employment Law of Thailand;
- “Doing Business 2011 – Making a Difference for Entrepreneurs”, “Doing Business 2013 – Smarter Regulations for Small and Medium-Size Enterprises”, “Doing Business 2014 – Understanding Regulations for Small and Medium-Size Enterprises” and “Doing Business 2015 – Going Beyond Efficiency”, in the area of Employing Workers in Thailand, Word Bank and IFC ;
- “2010 Employment Terms and Conditions – Asia Pacific”and “2012 Employment Terms and Conditions – Asia Pacific” (a book published by Towers Watson Data Services providing the international business community with information on employment laws and practices in the Asia-Pacific region); and
- The 2010 Edition, the 2012 Edition, the 2014 Edition and the 2016 Edition of “The Littler Mendelson Guide to International Employment and Labor Law”, Thailand
- Thai Bar Association
- Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)