Benjapol Kongsombut joined SCL Nishimura in February as part of the Patents Practice Group. Prior to that, he was head of the Patents Department at another law firm (Ananda Intellectual Property), where he was responsible for managing the firm’s patent practice and overseeing the development of patent, design patent and petty patent work.
Benjapol Kongsombut began his career in the legal industry by working as a patent agent at a large law firm (Tilleke & Gibbins), where he acquired valuable experience on patent prosecution, patent litigation and valuation.
- 2015: Certificate of Patent Agent, Department of Intellectual Property, Thailand
- 2012: Certificate of Intellectual Property Law, Lawyers Council, Thailand
- 2009: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2002: B.Eng. in Chemical Engineering, Rangsit University, Bangkok, Thailand
Benjapol Kongsombut’s is a lawyer of excellent academic standing, who focuses primarily in the areas of patent procurement, freedom-to-operate analysis, patent infringement/non infringement analysis, patent validity/invalidity analysis, due diligence, valuation and litigation.
He has represented a broad range of clients both domestically and internationally, from individual business owners to publicly traded companies.
Benjapol Kongsombut also has expertise in other areas of intellectual property.
- Lawyers Council of Thailand